Rainbow Awards Banner

Monday, July 1, 2013

July Update

In good news, it's been a very busy month for me!

My portal fantasy -- which now has a name, which is a secret for the moment, in case it gets changed -- got finished, and then a good friend had a look at it, and now it's no longer finished, because she made some suggestions that were just to good to ignore, so it's in edits again. But I think it should be done (again) this week, and then sent off to the submission mines. (The kinkster in me still gets a little giggle every time I "submit" a story, even though I've been doing it for years. Apparently I am more easily amused than I once thought.)

ANYWAY, that's already 20K+, and set to get longer, and is a f/f, well, portal fantasy. Portal fantasies, for those of you wondering what I mean, are stories like the Chronicles of Narnia. Characters start in one place (generally our Earth) and cross some sort of portal (a fancy word for doorway or entrance, and related to the words port, porch and portcullis, for example), to wind up somewhere else, having adventures.


I also wrote, and sent off a couple of nights ago, a submission for Torquere Press' annual Charity Sip drive.  It features Jacob and Nicholas, two naval pilots/astronauts, and is set a little bit into Earth's future. Jacob is recovering from an injury that's left him with frequent vertigo and near-constant nausea, neither of which are doing anything to help his restless mood. Nicholas, however, is just glad that his husband is recovering, and is happy to be there for him while he does. It's 4K long, light sci-fi, and has just a sprinkling of kink.


PS: A word about the August update: that will probably go up on the 2nd, as I have Things To Do on the 1st.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have some good stuff in the works. I wasn't familiar with the "term" portal fantasy -- although I know the stories you mentioned.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Louisa -- thank you for stopping by!

      As for the term, most of my friends get very confused and assume I'm writing fanfiction for the game Portal, but I kind of got into the mental habit of calling it that, and it's hard to stop.

      Delete

Please note: Anonymous comments are currently switched on and are moderated.

I learned (well, skulked) at the knees of Teresa Nielsen Hayden and John Scalzi, and am completely comfortable deleting anything I determine to be spam, wildly off-topic, or rude, and with being the sole judge of what defines any of those terms.